After watching the Nokia press event in New York today, I couldn’t help but wonder one thing… does September 12 even matter anymore?
Yes, I work for Microsoft but as those that know me well, know that I am far from a “fanboy”. I only recommend and use technology that I personally love and to be honest, I did not start carrying a Windows Phone until my Nokia Lumia 900 because it felt right. Now, after seeing what was shown at the event today, I am a little more than blown away. As most press have said, the Lumia 920 has built off of everything that was right about the Lumia 900 and refined it.
I don’t need to reiterate everything that was shown and demonstrated at the press event today, you can take a look for yourself. However, here are the things I am most excited about:
- The resolution has been bumped to a nice 1280×768 and enhanced with Nokia’s PureMotion HD+
- Wireless charging using an industry standard Qi with partnerships signed already to make charging easier on the go
- A sweet looking JBL speaker that connects via Bluetooth and NFC and has wireless charging built-in
- Full HD (1920×1080) video capture using the same PureView camera with optical image stabilization
- Probably most exciting is the PureView camera technology. I can’t even explain the awesome sauce that was demonstrated when comparing to some other “leading smartphone”, but check out the info and video here or watch the webcast
There is so much more I can talk about, but I don’t want to be overzealous until this baby ships on… well, the one thing missing from the event today was a release date. Don’t worry, I am sure it won’t be too long now.